- Maintains its registration as a Professional Body with SAQA and maintains proof of this status;
- Maintains its registration of designations with SAQA
- Maintains a computerised record-keeping system (BMS) as prescribed in Doc No Pol-0016 of the said Policies & Procedures;
- Maintains a record management system that incorporates a policy for the issuing of certificates as well as procedures to prevent fraud and to address requests for the issuing of duplicate certificates;
- All duplicate certificates must indicate that it is a copy certificate
- Has a complete record of all certificates issued
CERTIFICATES AND ID CARDS
The IWH PB will issue certificates to the following members:
- Qualified and experienced members registered against its SAQA registered designations
- Trained members recognised for certain work at height related skills not registered on the NQF
- Recognised Training Providers (SDP).
Because of the safety issues relating to the work at height industry, it was also requested that members carry with them an ID card (Permit to Operate) to sites where these members have to go and work. This was found to be more practical that the ‘paper’ certificate.
RE-ISSUE OF DUPLICATE CERTIFICATES
Members who request a re-issue because of lost or stolen Certificates and ID cards, should submit an application, letter of consent from the Training Provider who conducted the training as well as a certified ID copy of the individual who the re-issue is for.
SAFETY AND STORAGE
All Certificates and ID cards are safely stored within the Administration office which is locked every day. Certificates with mistakes are shredded.
A record system is kept of all issued certificates and ID cards.