DESIGNATIONS – SUSPENDED ACCESS EQUIPMENT CHAMBER
“Professional designation” means a title or status conferred by a professional body in recognition of a person’s expertise and/or right to practice in an occupational field. Registration against a designation is valid for a period of 3 years, after which the practitioner has to apply for re-registration.
The following designation for the Suspended Access Equipment (SAE) industry has been registered with SAQA:
CRITERIA FOR OBTAINING THE PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATION
For the Professional Designation of Temporary Suspended Platform Erection Supervisor to be awarded, professionals must comply with the following minimum requirements:
Complete the following NQF registered unit standards:
Unit Standard 243271: Supervise, inspect and control the use of Temporary Suspended Platforms (Level 4)
Successfully erecting, testing, relocating and dismantling the following suspension rigs 5 times each:Stalks and weights
TrestlesHolding down brackets
(The above evidence needs to be witnessed and signed off by a recognized Temporary Suspended Platform Erection Supervisor or a registered Lifting Machinery Inspector (LMI))
Board Examination/Competency Assessment
Must successfully complete the Temporary Suspended Platform Erection Supervisor Professional Competency Assessment.
Must be in possession of a current, valid medical certificate.
CRITERIA FOR RETAINING THE PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATION
In order to ensure the currency of professional knowledge and to retain the Professional Designation, the professional must comply with the following minimum requirements:
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Members are required to provide proof to the IWH Prof Body of their CPD activities.
- Members are required to accumulate 25 CPD points in a 3 year period by completing a range of recognized activities such as:
Compulsory (20 CPD points)
- Current valid Medical Certificate = 5 CPD points
- 1 CPD points per every 5 TSP installations up ta max of 10 CPD points over a period of 24 months (50 TSP installations over a period of 3 years)
- IWH PB approved Temporary Suspended Erection Supervisor Re-Assessment = 5 CPD points